Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tyvec, siding and trusses.

Well, I found I had enough time to post the rest of what I had in the camera this morning before I meet Den to look at carpeting. This way I'm caught up and can hopefully stay on top of the rest of it, day by day.
Wow! Look at that beautiful blue sky in the first picture, it has not been this way for a few weeks. This is normally one of my favorite seasons, I love the rain, snow and cold weather but during the process of the house it creates a little anxiety in me. Like I said earlier, it will be so nice to have the roof on and we won't have to care so much about the rain.

I had a couple of appointments in town yesterday when they delivered the trusses so I couldn't get any photos or videos of them going up. That would have been pretty cool. The truck sure made a mess of the "front yard" with rain soaked ground. Couldn't be helped though.

Anyway, these guys don't waste any time. They arrive at 7:30 every morning, take about a 10 minute break at 9:30, about a 15 minute lunch around noon and work non stop the rest of the day until about 4:30. Long, hard days and they all work well together and have fun doing it.

I've gotten to know the only two that speak English, really nice guys. both of them married, one with two daughters, 7 and 9 yrs. old, the other one has a 5 yr. old daughter. Several of them are family members. Good crew, I will miss having them show up every day but I will also have the opportunity to meet and get to know another group of people as we progress through this building process.

Enjoy, I'll be back........................running late, gotta go.







Look at that blue sky, isn't it beautiful? They have all the windows in and are beginning to wrap the house with Tyvec so they can put the siding on.


Tyvec done, siding beginning.



These are temporary posts for the front porch cover, they wanted to get the cover on so they could continue with the roof and will put permanent post in when they pour the front porch.


I accidentally got two of the same pictures on here, twice!

The siding has a primer painted on it already now we will paint it and have chosen a nice "cape cod" grey with white trim. I think it will look really good. We will probably paint the front door a very dark charcoal, almost black and might put shutters on the front windows the same color, not sure though.



I've had to park my car down in the meadow to stay out of their way and when I walked down there this morning to get the camera I thought this made a nice picture. They are just about done with the siding, the trusses are on and I heard Romero on the phone this morning so I'm guessing they will deliver the sheathing for the roof and they will place that this afternoon after lunch. Looking like a real house now.


The trusses are done, hooray!






Getting ready for roofing.


Marking and cutting the siding.







Same one as above. GOOD GRIEF, this is a big house!


SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




3 comments:

thehaleys said...

Wow. I just can't believe how fast it's coming together! It's so big and cool! Did they get the roofing on?

Heidi said...

Wow! I think I say that every time you post pictures, but that is all I can think of. Each time I see it, it looks more beautiful! I love the picture you took from the meadow by your car.
What are you talking about "We have to paint it" there is NO way YOU (Mom) are painting that huge thing...maybe you'll do the garage and Dad will do the upper levels! =)

Dennis and Margie said...

They got the roofing started today, will finish tomorrow, Jamie, and Heidi, you are probably right, won't get me up that high..............Jim, hellllllp! I'm glad you all are liking it, can't wait to have you all here.