Monday, September 8, 2008

Hey all,

One more course of block on the back wall, which brings it to pouring stage again and then it's as high as it's going to go. Jesse has to finish the sides and the front tomorrow morning and then have it inspected and poured. Voila, the block will be finished and we move on to the next step. What that is, I don't know yet! All I know is block should all be wrapped up by tomorrow.
I finalized my choices of granite for the kitchen, and all the bathrooms today. It's all so beautiful, I can hardly believe it. Now I need to finish my choices in plumbing fixtures and floor tile for one of the bathrooms. All the while I've been scouting for deals on some new furniture and accessories all around the house. I've been having fun doing it and finding some really great deals too. The furniture stores are holding everything for me until I can have it delivered, nice deal.
Anyway, that's where we are up to this point.
Later, and love to all.





10 foot high block wall in the basement. Wow, that's tall!


What a straight, beautiful job Jesse is doing, he is a perfectionist. Takes him a little longer but it sure is done well.


The block will step down to the meadow side of the house and then the rest of it will be siding.


Just a photo of the top of the wall from the top side of the hill where the garage will be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No comments? Wow, all I can say is FINALLY!!! We're getting things done, and we've had exceptional work done by the subs so far.

Heidi said...

I've tried to comment several times, but keep getting interrupted by some very grumpy boys with bad attitudes! UGH! Looks good though, we are VERY excited for you guys.