Friday, February 6, 2009

It's about time!

Hello again everyone,
It's hard to believe how much time has gone by since my last post and it seems things had come to a complete standstill but we had to wait for the builder to work out a few "issues" with the county inspectors.
So...............when I say, "It's about time", I'm gently reminded, that we walk through this life in HIS time. Therefore we are where HE wants us to be at this time and we are thankful.
With all the rough-in plumbing, electrical and mechanical done and passed inspection we have moved on to insulation. WOW! It made it so much warmer inside and deafeningly quiet. Besides what is required for code, exterior and roof, we had all the floors, bedrooms and bathrooms soundproof insulated.
We hoped to get insulation inspection today but in the slowed economy, even the county inspectors got their hours cut and don't work on Friday anymore so we wait until Monday.
In the meantime, we will have sheetrock delivered today in preparation for hanging as soon as the inspection is done on Monday. That crew said they will be done with the whole house in two days, tape and texture next and that will take about a week. Then the flurry of our part begins!
We will need to paint the entire interior and tile the floors in the entry, kitchen, bathrooms and the shower and around the jacuzzi in the master bath.
We are close to the finishing work and it is getting very exciting. The cabinet builder called and told us he had stain and finish coat on two of the bathrooms and we could come out and see them if we wanted..............they are beautiful! He has all the kitchen and bathrooms built, getting ready to stain and finish coat them, wow, I'm going to have lots of storage space. The kitchen staining process will take quite a bit more time because I'm having him put a coffee colored antiquing gel coat stain on after the wood stain. Requires time putting it on and rubbing it off but it looks so good.
I am off to Georgia this coming Tuesday to spend a week with my far away children. I'm so excited to spend some time with them. I miss them soooooooo much. I have the added blessing of attending our oldest grandson's state championship swim meet. Congratulations Tyler! He is only a freshman and exceeding the times of juniors and seniors on the team. (Sorry, a little grandma bragging).
I will be returning just in time to don my painting coveralls and add some color to the rooms in my house. Yay, I love painting and I love color!
I've included a few pictures of the insulation, not too exciting but it was such a nice change for us, not to be looking at the studs anymore, I decided to include them in the blog.
Blessings to all of you and I will post again when I return. Once again, thank you for sharing in this part of our journey.


This blown in insulation is amazing, fast, easy and a much better, longer lasting R value. He packs it in there too.
The sound batts for the bedrooms and bathrooms.
These are pictures from the first day, it took them two days to finish.


1 comment:

Heidi said...

Sound proof insulation is and excellent idea if our boys will be spending even 20 seconds in your home! =)
I'm curious to know what deafeningly quiet sounds like.....is that possible?
I wish I could come down and help paint after you get back from GA because I love painting too!!!