Saturday, December 6, 2008

MOM'S ON THE ROOF!

Hey all,

We had a cold but beautiful day around here today and wanted to get as much more painting done as we could before we get more rain.
I know you don't believe what you are looking at but YES, this is me on the roof. This is probably the only time and place you will ever see me that high off the ground without something totally surrounding me but I wanted to help dad and it wasn't even too scary.
I told dad you would probably think it was him dressed in my clothes disguised with the hood up but you're wrong, it really is me.
We got the rest of the front painted except for the trim which will come after the second coat of gray. Then it got too dark and cold so we went inside and dad hung lights, getting ready to wire for tomorrow.
They came out and measured for doors yesterday so they could order those, rough electric is about done, dad will work on cable, phone and TV tomorrow. The plumbers have all the "water out" plumbing done and will do the "water in" next week. The solar panels are up and plumbed, just need the extra tank installed.
I think that's about it for now. Lot's of clean-up to do tomorrow as well.
We are and feel so blessed to have this opportunity and are so thankful for what God has given us. This house is really turning out beautiful. Can't wait to show all of you.
Hugs to everyone.










3 comments:

thehaleys said...

My mouth is hanging open! I cannot believe that YOU got on the roof! You must be motivated. The house looks great, by the way.

Heidi said...

No kidding, I agree with Jamie, I am in shock! Proud of you too...nice job!
Can't wait to visit soon!

thehaleys said...

Ooo ooo ooo, you can update your "about me" section. You now have 8 grandchildren. :o)