Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Jim helping dad with what I "WON'T/CAN'T"do!

Hey,

I forgot to post these pictures...................this had to happen before we were able to start painting. Jim climbed to the top with dad to help him "caulk" all the seams, windows etc. before we could do anything else. This was just the beginning and I wish I could say it was on the tallest, most difficult side but.............unfortunately, they have another side and the back of the house to go.
It had to be scary because I've NEVER seen dad be this careful. Having to stand on the ladder, on top of the three story scaffolding was the worst part but they did it and that side is done.
At least they know they can do it and I'm sure are looking forward to having the rest of it done.
We will rent a scissor lift or something like it for the painting, do not want to be up on scaffolding long enough to paint with that much motion involved.
Thanks Jim, couldn't have done it without you!


Jim and dad caulking between sheets of siding.
Unbelievable! Makes me tremble just looking at this picture.
I'm not sure you really get the perspective of the distance to the ground but it was scary. I can't believe these construction guys walk around up there all day long.

Dad not feeling too good about being on a ladder on top of the scaffolding.


Oh my gosh! I guess this is all worth the 10K a painter would have charged us.

3 comments:

Luke Ankeny said...

Glad I wasn't there to help! Can't wait to come and see how different your property looks ... even though I will miss the trailer.

Heidi said...

I think I've got good perspective on how high up they were....look how small they look compared to that house! I might have been brave enough to hold the ladder for Dad but that would have been it!

thehaleys said...

I'm ready to see pictures of the roof now. Also... how about some pics of Arizona while you're at it? =) Do I sound pushy? Not trying to!